The MadNorSki Dryland Training Junior program is designed for skiers of all levels, from beginners to those with goals of competing at the junior national level, in college, or beyond. Our program offers superior training in both skate and classic techniques and incorporates agility, endurance, and strength training. We will focus on rollerskiing, hill bounding, trail running, and building strength through fun agility exercises.
Junior’s is for athletes aged 12 – 18 (U12, U14, U16, U18, U20.)
- Practice times: Monday and Wednesday 5:15 – 7pm
- Location: Please check Team Snap for specifics on locations. Practices will be at a variety of locations including Elver Park, Lussier Heritage Center and more
- Coaches: Jay Sween, Brenda Baker, Jacob Huseby, Karmen Whitham
- Athletes are welcome to use our fleet of rollerskis (both skate and classic. These will be brought to practice by our coaches. It is important that you sign up for attendance the night before practice so that our coaches can bring the correct number of rollerskis for everyone.
- Boot fitting: Athletes may use boots and poles from our equipment inventory. Equipment rental is free for first year skiers, and $25 for returning athletes. If the equipment breaks (it sometimes happens) we will work with you to come up with a plan to pay for the cost of the equipment.
- Boot fitting dates: Saturday May 11 at Karmen’s House (Check Team Snap) Boys from 9-9:30am, Girls from 9:30 – 10am (please bring a check for $25 if this is not your first season)
- Helmets: You MUST have your own helmet for rollerskiing. If you are having a hard time finding one, please let us know so we can find one for you. Love your brain!
Winter 2020 – REGISTER HERE