Madnorski Rollerski Programs are geared for both beginner and experienced skiers and focus on developing skills, fitness training, strength, and exploring Madison area trails. Skiers will be in small pod groups with one to two coaches. If you don’t own a pair of rollerskis, it is not a problem. The club has rollerskis available to rent. If you have your own skate or combi boots this is very helpful and we encourage all skiers to purchase boots with NNN bindings. (The team rollerskis primarily use NNN bindings.) Participants must be a Madnorski member either through a student membership or a family membership. Our membership year is from July 1 through June 30.
An 8-week progressive program for rollerski training. Participants will use both skate and classic rollerskis. Every other Monday will be trail running and hill bounding. Rollerskis may be rented from Madnorski. Skiers may pick up rollerskis on Wednesday, September 20 at our storage locker. Details will be emailed to participants.
- Where: Gunflint Trail Park, with occasional practices at Elver Park or other Madison area parks.
- Time: Monday & Wednesdays 5:30-7 pm
- Dates: September 25-November 15, 2023
- Cost: $180 for Monday and Wednesdays OR $95 for 4 weeks OR $95 for Wednesdays only OR $40 for Monday Trail running on Oct 2, 16, 30 and Nov 13
- Rollerski rental: $25/per pair
- Must be a current 2023-24 club member
Note: Coaches will likely add a couple of additional volume trainings and intensity in November than what is listed above. Kids involved in Cross Country Running in the fall are encouraged to sign up for the second 4 weeks of the fall rollerski session to get time on rollerskis, and continue fitness training before the winter season.